Unfortunately sympathy cards are needed every now and again. I don’t enjoy knowing they are necessary but I’m grateful for the opportunity to show my respects.
Sadly I’ve had the need to make one and here is what I’ve come up with. I think it will be lovely in other colour combinations and I’ll make some time to have a play around with others and will share my progress.
Points to note:
- I’ve used the Stitched Shapes Framelits (they’re available again!!!!) I love these. I didn’t quite have the right oval framelit to mount the stamped image on so I cut the next size oval Stitched Shape Framelit and distressed the edge to bring it down to the right size. To match in I distressed the edges of the other black mats too.
- The new Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder is absolutely divine, you will need to follow some tips to get a great result, I have attached a video but the main points are to spritz your paper with water prior to embossing and to only use one cutting pad (not the usual sandwich of two). The video is for the “Cable Knit” embossing folder however the tips are all the same.
- I’ve embossed with black embossing powder (which is currently retired, I’m really hoping that Stampin’ Up! will bring it back), be sure to always use your Stampin’ Buddy prior to stamping with Versamark and then adding your embossing powder. The Embossing Buddy will reduce the static on your cardstock and ensure the powder only sticks to where the versamark is. The Embossing Buddy is well worth buying.
- The Black Satin Ribbon is retired, I suggest keeping some fabric scissors on hand for ribbon only, Stampin’ Up! used to sell some absolutely superb fabric scissors but I’ve checked and they’re retired, another sad realisation.
- When I coloured the image in with the Watercolour Pencils I also added a very fine line of gray around the outside of the image, this works as a bit of a shadow and really makes the image pop (thank you to Stephanie Pike for this awesome tip).
- On Watercolour Paper I would usually use an Aqua Painter however as the image is so fine I used a Blender Pen.
- This floral stamp is from “Avant Garden”, a sale-a-bration stamp set that you can choose for free with any order of $90.