Please tell me that you sang the title of this post, I’ll be so disappointed if you didn’t!
I set up my little desk fan to dry my coloured doily and it struck me how many of my favourite things were all clustered on my desk together. I’m still fine-tuning my desk organisation after my recent big studio clean out and I think I’m pretty close to having it work for me the best it ever has.
So anyway…what are some of my favourite things…..here we go!
- Little plastic drawers. They’re not all that pretty but they’re so functional I can’t resist having them on my desk in full view. They hold things like dimensionals, rhinestones and pearls, post-it notes, tape refills, pencils and erasers, photo paper and some of my tools.
- Desk fan. Most commonly used for my comfort, I actually find it better for me than the ceiling fan in the the room. It is super handy also for drying off paper that I’ve watercoloured or things like this coloured doily in the donut lid tray (see this post for more information).
- Epson PictureMate 235. I don’t think they’re still available but I have found this to a game changer in how I scrapbook, especially with Project Life. I have also used it heaps for school assignments.
- OTT-LITE True Color lamp. This is true to daylight type light so your whites are white and your creams are cream. It is absolutely brilliant, it means that your late night crafting will look how you thought it did once the daylight comes! Also keeps your crafting longer as your eyes won’t get as tired. It unfortunately will not protect you against excessive wine consumption.
- Typo travel mug. A much loved gift from my sister from an very fun store. I can’t tell you how many times I look at this and feel inspired, therefore it has to stay on my desk in full view.
So there you have it. I have so many other great organisational items that work for me and I will continue to share them with you, maybe you’ll find something that works for you too? Please add your own favourite things here in the comments or join us on Facebook, we can be such an valuable community for each other, which is why I love craft so much in the first place.