Phew, didn’t that Christmas come and go like a Hurricane?
Here is my Christmas table:
Then I woke up 🙂
Here is the table we actually had (as you can see I was too lazy to paint my walls red):
Here is a close up of the chair decorations that my Dad and my husband made for me…
Here are the table decorations that Lily and Paige helped me to make:
So the story of these candle decorations….
I had got the metal from Bunnings a while ago (yes the big shot can cut through thin metal). I used the flower folds Die Cut. I got the cheapest gold spray paint in a can (only about $4). Lily, Paige and I cut them all out (we needed 12), spray painted them and then the girls stuck them all together (in retrospect it is better to stick them together and THEN spray paint them). We then found out that we were going to have an extra two at our dinner seating (we have my side for lunch and Pete’s side for dinner) and therefore I needed to make another two.
By this time I had found some gorgeous glittery red candles at a local discount store (I had intended to just use basic tealight candles). I had also made some gold decorations with the Big Shot Die “Candy Wrapper” and I was disappointed that the gold was so different to the gold I had used to spray paint.
So, as I needed more gold spray paint I decided to spend extra and get the bright gold spray paint (over $20 per can) and give the 14 candle holders another coat of paint (they looked 100% better). I left them outside to dry and ventilate (they stink intially) and didn’t realise that we got a light drizzle of rain that WRECKED them! They now were all pitted and looked disgusting. It is now 9.30pm on Christmas Eve and I still had a heap of Christmas Eve stuff to do! Imagine me freaking out in the office and poor Pete trying to convince me that they actually looked “really good”. He ended up retreating inside. I didn’t blame him.
I tried a re-spray of the gold paint, that didn’t fix it. I didn’t have time to take them apart and sand them back. I really didn’t want to remake them all from scratch. I then had a search around and found a sachet of gold glitter, I gave the holders a quick spray and then sprinkled the glitter onto the wet paint and it worked! 🙂 *Happy dance!* I did end up using up all my Stampin Up! glitter as well but fortunately had just enough.
This is what the room looked like at night: